The FRSTeam brand spans the US and Canada, with over 50 locations serving the restoration needs for families devastated by a smoke, fire, water and other catastrophic losses. FRSTeam was founded in 2006 and based on the service ethics and dedication to creating a positive customer experience of the original company, Custom Commercial Dry Cleaners. The fourteen company stores, now branded FRSTeam by Custom Commercial, share a corporate office in Hayward, CA.
FRSTeam’s mission is to exemplify heartfelt care and concern for our communities by providing innovative products and services that help support and restore the lives of those we serve. We are a close-knit community of hand-chosen professionals (like you), committed to restoring personal items and helping families get their lives back on track.
FRSTeam is the leader in contents restoration and that title is determined by the character of the candidates we hire to be a part of our Tribe. FRSTeam was founded on its core values of Family, Integrity, Responsibility, Satisfaction, and Technology. Our organization is full of innovative individuals constantly searching to grow and revolutionize the restoration industry. If you are one of those individuals, please apply.
Reporting to: Field Supervisor/Manager
Working with: Field, Warehouse, and Production Teams
As a Crew Chief, you will specialize in the packing, moving and restoration of fabric items, furniture / household goods, and electronics damaged by smoke, fire, or water loss.
General Job Duties:
This is a Full-time, Non-Exempt position. The basic functions of your position will include, but not limited to:
- Driving cargo vans and/or up to 26ft box trucks
- Field coordination and communication with staff and customers for pickup and delivery
- Packing, carrying, inventorying damaged personal property from, but not limited to water, fire, and mold incidents
- Remove affected textile items such as clothing, area rugs and window coverings from homes
- Utilization of on-site cleaning equipment & power tools
- Inventory, track, and document order through production processing
- On call rotational schedule, incentive applies
- Additional reasonable duties as assigned
- Upkeep company standard customer service
- Report any breakage or issues to management
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Strong customer service & communication skills
- Team player mentality
- Proficient with technology
- Applicant must consent to criminal background check
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent driving record
- Ability to bend, reach above shoulder level, twist, turn, and kneel
- Ability to consistently lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 lbs. daily
- Health benefits provided in accordance with the employer’s benefit plan. Medical, dental & vision coverage after 30 days of full time, continuous employment. Coverage begins the 1st day of the month following the 30 days. (Employee is eligible to select from four Blue Anthem PPO Plans. Additional benefits available.)
- Paid Sick Leave, 48 hours eligible after 1st month of continuance employment.
- PTO accrual in accordance with the Employer’s plan (accrual begins after 1 month of continuance employment).
- Paid holidays, 9 observed days per year.
- Birthday Bonus $20 year one (after 3 months of employment and an additional $10 for every year worked after).
- Participation in the company sponsored 401k retirement safe harbor plan begins first of the month after 90 days of continuous employment for employees over the age of 18. Company matches Dollar-for-dollar up to 3%, 50% for the next 2% following, not to exceed 4%.
Physical demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FRSTeam is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.